This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Stevecrown1
Insomnia: the condition of being unable to sleep, over a period of time.
So what is insomnia?
Insomnia is a condition that involves being unable to sleep and comes in different forms, including primary and secondary insomnia.
Primary is when your inability to sleep is not linked to any other condition, with secondary insomnia being when your sleeplessness is caused by another condition, for example depression or cancer.
Then there’s chronic and acute insomnia, with acute insomnia lasting from one night to a couple of weeks and chronic insomnia being when someone suffers at least three nights a week for a month or longer.
Whichever form an insomniac suffers from it can have a seriously detrimental effect on their life, and as a condition it’s much more common than you might think.
1. Regular physical activity, combined with a healthy diet, can help prevent and manage Type 2 Diabetes.
2. An hour of exercise a day goes a long way.
3. Regular physical exercise can help you sleep better.
4. Only 10% of people are successful at losing weight through diet alone.
5. A quarter of adults aren’t active at all.
6. Pinched for time? Even 10 minutes of exercise will help raise your heart rate and maintain fitness levels.
7.Walking at a brisk pace can burn almost as many calories as jogging the same distance.
8. Swimming is a great form of exercise because it incorporates both cardio and strength training.
9. It takes the body six to eight weeks to adapt to an exercise program.
10. The ‘core’ includes any muscles that attach to your pelvis, spine and ribs.
11.Regular weight training increases the number of calories burned during normal activities.
12. Crunches alone won’t slim the midsection; if you want a flat belly you’ll need to incorporate cardio to burn those calories!
13. Being fit is good for your heart because it strengthens the muscles needed to make your heart and cardiovascular system function.
14.People who work out with a partner and more likely to stick with their fitness regimes.
15. Scheduling in rest days gives your body the time it needs to recover and improve
16. It takes 12 weeks of an exercise routine before you start to see measurable changes to your body.
>Correct your seating position. ...
>Avoid distractions. ...
>Holding the steering wheel correctly. ...
>Remember to use turn signals. ...
>Avoid overspeeding. ...
>Maintain a considerable distance from other vehicles. ...
>Don't use the horn unnecessarily.
Music & Entertainments Talks / Re: Former BBNaija Housemate, Deeone Applauds EFCC For Arresting Naira Marley« on: 04:53 PM, Nov 15, 2019. »
Music & Entertainments Talks / Re: in-the-music-industry-today-who-is-your-best-nigerian-artist-and-why« on: 04:51 PM, Nov 15, 2019. »
when entering the hotel room, prop the door wide open with your heaviest suitcase, enter the room and check that it is indeed empty. Open wardrobes, glance under the bed, ruffle the window curtains and check behind the shower curtain if there is one. Most people enter and lock themselves in, which you wouldn’t want to do if there’s an intruder hiding on the inside.
Try to stay between floors 3–7 if it’s a high rise building. Anything below 3 is easier to climb to and rob, and anything above 7 could be disastrous in the event of a Fire- most fire fighter ladders extend to around the 8th floor so it’s just a lot easier to be rescued from a window within reach. - Edited.
When leaving any items in the safe, leave an item such as the shoe you will wear when you leave. When you go to leave the room and have only one shoe, you’ll be reminded that your other is in the safe along with valuables- so many people forget to empty the safe when they leave. Be aware that even an in room safe has an override feature so it’s not totally secure.
Consider leaving the tv on at an audible volume when you go out… people will be less likely to target your room if they think someone is inside.
When you hang the “do not disturb” sign on your door handle- quite often these have a side in English and a side in the local language, hang yours with the local language DND facing out. Robbers are more inclined to steal from tourists. Same goes for TV above, you may wish to leave it on a local channel.
Use your deadbolt and spy hole, always. Consider keeping something in front of your door which can alert you to a night time intruder- just a bag which can make a noise or fall over when the door is opened. You can also buy special door alarm clamps specifically for this purpose.
Use the emergency exit map inside your room and consider doing a practice run of where the fire escape routes are located in the hotel, and remember if there is a fire, do not use the lifts.
This one is a little grim- but if you are trapped in your room due to a severe fire, immediately put the plug into the bathtub and sink and begin to flood your room, take towels, sheets, pillows and drench them, place them along the door sill and try to seal up gaps so smoke doesn’t easily enter your room, you can use your wastebin or ice bucket to bale water from your bathtub to drench the carpets and door areas.
If you are faced with certain death due to hotel fire, your escape route is blocked and perhaps you’re not in a place that can rescue you from your window, and jumping out will kill you anyway and you’re sure there’s no escaping a grim fate… Consider lying in the bathtub full of water, keeping your face out. The smoke will kill you first with its noxious poisonous gasses, and you will slip into the water. This will offer some level of protection for your dead body during the recovery of remains, rather than being a charred pile of ash.
They have positioned themselves in the market in a way that they can demand any price they want, and people would still die to buy their products.
Apple makes $650 in profit per iPhone X manufactured. Even if we include all other costs (sales, ads, etc) it turns out to be a huge profit. OnePlus phones with same specs (in fact better) make only a few dollars of profit per piece. Let us study them and see why this is so.
Whats your own take in this???
2.Kotex was first manufactured as bandages, during WWI.
3. In the 16th and 17th centuries in the country of Turkey, anyone caught drinking coffee was put to death.
4.Abraham Lincoln's dog, Fido, was also assassinated.
5.In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
6. About 3,000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.
7.The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
8. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
9.The youngest pope was 11 years old.
10.Richard Versalle, a tenor performing at New York's Metropolitan Opera House, suffered a heart attack and fell 10 feet from a ladder to the stage just after singing the line, "You can only live so long."
60.7 percent of eligible voters participated in the 2004 presidential election, the highest percentage in 36 years. However, more than 78 million did not vote. This means President Bush was re-elected by less than 31% of all eligible voters in the United States.
11. David Bowie used to think he was being stalked by someone who is dressed like a giant pink rabbit. Bowie noticed the fan at several recent concerts, but became alarmed when he got on a plane and the bunny was also on board.
12. Dr. Samuel A. Mudd was the physician who set the leg of Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth, and whose shame created the expression for ignominy: "His name is Mudd."
13.Wayne's World was filmed in two weeks.
14.The first Fords had engines made by Dodge.
15. In Ancient Egypt , priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
16.More than 8,100 US troops are still listed as missing in action from the Korean War.
17.As of January 1, 2004, the population of the United States increases by one person every 12 seconds. 18.There is a birth every eight seconds, an immigrant is added every 25 seconds, and a death every 13 seconds.
19.Inn the great fire of 1666, half of London was burnt down but only six people were injured.
20.t**o was paid $125 per week while filming The Wizard of Oz.
21.The only member of the band ZZ Top without a beard has the last name Beard.
22.The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
23. In Egypt around 1500 B.C., a shaved head was considered the ultimate in feminine beauty. Egyptian women removed every hair from their heads with special gold tweezers and polished their scalps to a high sheen with buffing cloths.
24.George Lumley, aged 104, married Mary Dunning, aged 10, in Nortallerton, England on August 25, 1783. She was the great-great granddaughter of the woman who'd broken her engagement to Lumley, eighty years before.
25.In Elizabethan England, the spoon was so novel and prized that people carried their own folding spoons to banquets.
26. It costs more to buy a new car today in the United States than it cost Christopher Columbus to equip and undertake three voyages to and from the New World.
27.Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone.
28. Millie the White House dog earned more than four times as President Bush in 1991.
29.A law passed in Nebraska in 1912 set hard rules of the road. Drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, then wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.
30. Louis XIV of France really was as unpleasant a fellow as he's been depicted. In 1674, when he was visiting a school at Clermont, he heard from the school's authorities that one of the children, a nine- year-old Irish lad named Francis Seldon, had made a pun about the king's bald head.
Louis was furious. He had a secret warrant drawn up for the child's arrest, and young Seldon was thrown into solitary confinement in the Bastille. His parents, members of one of Europe's richest merchant families, were told simply that the child had disappeared. Days turned to months, months to years, and Louis himself passed away. But Francis spent sixty-nine years "in the hole" for making fun of the king's baldness.
2.Retired basketball sensation Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike each year than all the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
3. The Olympic flag's colors are always red, black, blue, green, and yellow rings on a field of white. This is because at least one of those colors appears on the flag of every nation on the planet.
4.The average lifespan of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
5.Dueling is legal is Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
6.All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job in case their pants split.
7.In 1920, Babe Ruth out-homered very American League team.
8.Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep his head cool. He changed it every two innings.
9.Every year 56,000,000 people attend major league baseball games.
10. In 18th century England, gambling dens employed someone whose job was to swallow the dice if there was a police raid.
11.A Costa Rican worker who makes baseballs earns about $2,750 annually. The average American pro baseball player earns $2,377,000 per year.
12. There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.